- You’re running out of space! If you’re waiting in line to use the bathroom, or perhaps have run out of bedrooms, it could be that your current home no longer accommodates the family you’ve grown into. Think about if there are changes that could be made to the home to better suit your needs, or if it is time to move on.
- You’ve got too much space. Living in a large family home with vacant rooms and a large yard to maintain, keeping up with yardwork, and paying high utility and tax bills can be overwhelming! If your family situation has changed and you’re not longer utilizing all your square footage, it may be a good time to reassess if you have the time, resources, or even the desire to maintain such a large place.
- Remodeling isn’t a worthwhile option. If your space isn’t working for you, it makes perfect sense to investigate a remodel or addition. Sometimes, however, you may not see a good return on your investment, or perhaps your lot isn’t conducive to an addition. In these cases, it may be time to sell.
- Your neighborhood no longer fits your lifestyle. Perhaps a new job means a longer commute from where you are, or maybe now that you have kids going into school, you’d like to be in a different school district. Maybe you’re growing weary of the demands of your homeowners’ association. The location of a neighborhood, and its personality, are instrumental in deciding if your home is a good fit for you or not.
- You’re in a secure place financially. If you have a handle on your non-mortgage debt, and you have your emergency savings in place, you could very well be able to upgrade your home.
- Your neighbors just made out well on the sale of their home. If homes comparable to yours, in your neighborhood, are selling for prices that sound good to you, it is possible that yours could do the same! Reach out to us and we’d be happy to come through your place and give you an idea of what it could sell for in the current market.
- You’re confident in the market. If you’re noticing that prices per square foot are going up, and properties are seeming to sell quickly, these are great indicators that the current market is seller-friendly! Perhaps it’s time to list!
The decision to sell your home is a highly personal one—there isn’t a universal formula to rely on to know when the time is right! But when you work with our agents, you can count on receiving honest, professional advice, so that you can make the choice that is best for you. We always put our customer service first, and look forward to partnering with you on the sale of your home—whether that’s right now, or in the future!